Disney has released more details about the new land coming to Disney World & Disneyland – Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge!
This is what we have known for a short while. There will be two main attractions in the land – Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, and Millenium Falcon: Smugglers Run (What is the obsession with the “:” all about?). They have also told us about one of the eateries – Oga’s Cantina. Overnight, Disney released more information about a section of the land called Batuu. This is the home of the “Black Spire Outpost” and is the section you will first come into when you enter Galaxy’s Edge. They have also revealed that the Play Disney Parks App will play a big role in guest’s interaction with the land. Sounds fun!
So first things first- FOOD!! Here is what they have informed us about:
- Docking Bay 7 Food & Cargo – Exotic and unusual dishes will be served by Chef Strono “Cookie” Tuggs. He has cruised the galaxy with his traveling diner “Tugg’s Grub”.
- Ronto Roasters – This looks pretty amazing. They cook various kinds of exotic meats using an old podracing engine as the heat source.
- Milk Stand – Here you can purchase blue or green milk from the Bubo Wamba Family farm.
- Kat Saka’s Kettle – This street merchant will sell a popular Outpost Mix. This mix is made up of different types of popcorn.
Next – Merchandise! There is no shortage of places to get all your Star Wars needs – from costume attire to sweet cuddly friends that you can take home with you.
- Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities – Here, travelers can find unique items from all across the universe.
- Savi’s Workshop – Handbuild Lightsabers – At this shop, travelers can find a group known as the Gatherers. This group passes on their knowledge of Jedi Lore and tries to keep the balance in the universe. You will also find a Master Guide that can assist you in building the Lightsaber that will best suit you.
- Droid Depot – At Mubo’s Workshop, you will find various parts of droids. Travelers can build a droid to bring home with them.
- First Order Cargo – This temporary landing base is the current location of the first order. They have brought containers and crates of attire, supplies, and gear to share to win the hearts of travelers and guests that come to the Black Spire Outpost
- Resistance Supply – Here, followers of the resistance can find supplies, gear, food, and different types of attire.
Now that we know several attractions & merchants that will be a part of Galaxy’s Edge, we need to answer the biggest question – When will it be open to visit?!!? More to come! I know there are a lot of you holding out on booking your trip until the dates are released. Once they are, those resorts will book up faster that you can imagine! Follow me to be one of the first to know when it will open!!