At 10am we will hear from Disney and learn when they plan to reopen and what phases that will entail. Please stay tuned to learn the details of their reopening. SO EXCITED!
(Virtually, of Course!)
Here is an announcement from Magical Vacations Owner:
Please join us! Reminisce about your favorite trips. What do you pack? Where do you stay? If we cannot be at our Happy Place, let’s visit it virtually!
Disney Cruise Line – The Perfect Choice for New Cruisers Are you looking for a unique vacation experience that blends entertainment and adventure with comfort and convenience? On a Disney Cruise, you and your loved ones will:
- Explore a variety of desirable destinations in a short period of time.
- Enjoy onboard activities, entertainment and dining options – most of which are included in the price of the cruise.
- Save time by unpacking just once, as opposed to unpacking at several different hotels during a land-based vacation.
Discover these benefits, and many more, by embarking on a hassle-free vacation with Disney Cruise Line. Why Choose a Disney Cruise? There is truly something for everyone on a Disney Cruise – from relaxing “me” time for the adults to imaginative fun for the kids and exciting family time for all. Every voyage includes the attention to detail and world-class hospitality that only Disney can provide. Activities: You will find a variety of activities at themed onboard venues designed to inspire and delight every member of the family. Dining: Guests will experience diverse menus, “rotating” through three uniquely-themed, elegant restaurants with the same wait staff to anticipate their needs and personal tastes. Enjoy expertly prepared dishes from filet mignon and lobster to other culinary delights from around the world. Options range from upscale table service and casual buffets to poolside dining, snacks and 24-hour room service – all included in the cruise fare. Entertainment: Enjoy Broadway-quality, original Disney musicals that can’t be seen anywhere else, special moments with Disney Characters, first-run Disney movies, uniquely themed celebrations on deck, a fireworks spectacular at sea and more! Disney Castaway Cay: Most Bahamian and Caribbean cruises include a stop at Castaway Cay, a private island paradise, reserved exclusively for Disney cruisers. Service and Amenities: On a Disney Cruise Line vacation there’s so much included in the cruise fare! Plus, you will enjoy Disney’s renowned service and amenities throughout the ship, including:
- World-class staterooms
- All meals daily, including 24-hour complimentary room service, as well as complimentary soda, coffee and tea on deck
- First run-films at sea, including some in digital 3D
- Most voyages include fireworks at sea, weather permitting
- Kid’s clubs filled with oceans of activities and amazing entertainment, including private clubs for tweens and teens
- Exclusive areas for adults, including nightclubs, an exclusive pool and fitness center and more.
If you would be interested in more information for your first or fiftieth Disney Cruise, contact me today. My complimentary planning services will allow you to look forward to your vacation and not stress about details and deadlines. See ya Real Soon!
The Food & Wine Festival is back at Disney’s California Adventure. This delicious festival will begin tomorrow, February 28, 2020 and run through April 21, 2020. It is a fun & lighthearted even with some of the tastiest treats! Pick yourself up a Fodd & Wine Festival Passport and see what bites & sips are your favorite. Here are the menus, direct from Disney-
“Nuts About Cheese Marketplace
- Fiscalini White Cheddar Lager Soup served in a Mini Boudin® Sourdough Bowl (Vegetarian)
- Impossible™ Cheeseburger Mac & Cheese (Vegetarian)
- Oikos® Greek Yogurt Banoffee Tart
- Honey Bourbon Lemonade (Alcoholic)
Uncork California Marketplace
- California Artisan Cheese with Central Coast Creamery Holey Cow Swiss and Vintage Cheese Co. Cabernet Cheddar (Vegetarian)
- White Wine Flight
- Malibu Rocky Oaks, Sauvignon Blanc, California
- Rombauer, Chardonnay, Carneros
- Francis Ford Coppola Winery, Sofia, Rosé, Monterey County
- Red Wine Flight
- Erath, Pinot Noir, Oregon
- The Prisoner, Red Blend, Napa Valley
- Quilt, Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley
- Road Trip Mimosa Trio
- Pacific Mimosa
- Mojave Mimosa
- Sierra Mimosa
- Chandon Brut, Sparkling Wine, California
Golden Dreams Marketplace
- Brunch Fried Chicken & Waffle Sandwich with Mimosa-inspired Slaw and OJ Bubbles
- Seared Verlasso® Salmon with Lemon Pea Purée, Black Rice and Meyer Lemon Relish (Gluten-Friendly)
- Strawberry-Rose Lemonade (Non-Alcoholic)
- Fig & Lavender Cold Brew (Non-Alcoholic)
California Craft Brews Marketplace
- Pepperoni Pizza Egg Rolls
- Triple B Cocktail with Beer, Bourbon and Berries (Alcoholic)
- Beer Flight – Fun with Flavor
- Mother Earth Orange Vanilla Cali Creamin’ Ale
- Black Market Cucumber Sour
- Golden Road Strawberry and Pomegranate Balboa Blonde Ale
- Aftershock Guavaaah! Hazy Pale Ale
- Beer Flight – Bigger & Bolder
- Bootlegger’s Rocco Red Ale
- Stereo Perfect Day IPA
- Sierra Nevada Hazy Little Thing Hazy IPA
- Karl Strauss® Wreck Alley Imperial Stout
- Backstreet La Calleja Mexican-style Lager
- Boomtown Ingenue Belgian White
- Divine Science Event Horizon Blonde (Gluten-Friendly)
- JuneShine Acai Berry Hard Kombucha (Gluten-Friendly)
- Meiomi, Rosé, California
- MacMurray Ranch, Pinot Noir, Central Coast
- Joel Gott, Cabernet Sauvignon, California
One in a Melon Marketplace
- Compressed Watermelon and Tomato with Whipped Ricotta and Lemon Olive Oil (Vegetarian, Gluten-Friendly)
- Poke-style Watermelon with Cucumber (Plant-Based, Gluten-Friendly)
- Pabana Cream Puff with Mango, Passion Fruit and Banana Mousse
- Berry Mule (Alcoholic)
- House-made Watermelon Agua Fresca (Non-Alcoholic)
Peppers Cali-Ente Marketplace
- Creamy Poblano Pepper Pasta (Vegetarian)
- Grilled Shrimp Tacos on Jicama Tortillas (Gluten-Friendly)
- Cantarito-style Paloma (Alcoholic)
- Annabella, Chardonnay Special Selection, Napa Valley
LA Style Marketplace
- Asian-style Beef Barbacoa Street Tacos
- Smoked Bacon Barbecue Beef Loco Moco on Rice (Gluten-Friendly)
- Monkey Bread with Caramel Whiskey Glaze and Candied Pecans (Contains trace amounts of alcohol)
- Amaretto Stout-Cream Cold Brew (Alcoholic)
- Blue Angeleno Cocktail (Alcoholic)
Avocado Time Marketplace
- Petite Impossible™ Burger with Guac and Pepper Jack (Vegetarian)
- Tortilla-crusted Fried Guacamole with Carne Asada
- Mezcal Cocktail (Alcoholic)
- Chapman Crafted Slow Riser with Coconut, Red Ale on Nitro
Off the Cob Marketplace
- Mini Chicken Chimis with Chimichurri Corn Pico de Gallo and Chipotle Crema
- Shrimp and Braised Corn with Chorizo (Gluten-Friendly)
- Mickey-shaped Caramel-Peanut-Milk Chocolate Macaron
- Fields & Orchards with Elderflower and Artichoke Liqueurs (Alcoholic)
- Farmstand Punch (Non-Alcoholic)
I ♥ Artichokes Marketplace
- Fried Artichokes with Lemon Aïoli (Vegetarian)
- Artichoke Toast with Artichoke Cream Cheese and Olive & Artichoke Tapenade (Vegetarian)
- Lolea, Red Sangria, Spain
- Brooklyn Brewery Special Effects Non-Alcoholic Lager (Alcohol regulations apply)
- Ranch Fried Chicken Wings with Buffalo Hot Sauce Drizzle
- French Onion Grilled Beef Tenderloin Slider
- Chocolate Hazelnut Crunch
- Kronenbourg 1664 Blanc Witbier (Limited-Time Offering)
- Craft Micheladas, Beers, and Flights
- Pizza Port Honey Blonde Golden Ale
- Golden Road Pineapple Cart Wheat Ale
- Lost Coast Watermelon Wheat
- King Harbor Cerveza Hermosa Mexican Amber Lager
Berry Patch Marketplace
- Raspberry-Lychee-Rose Custard with Mixed Berry Compote
- Oikos® Greek Yogurt California Berries Summer Pudding (Contains trace amounts of alcohol)
- Blue Marble Berry Hard Seltzer (Alcoholic)
- Blue Marble Tropical Hard Seltzer (Alcoholic)
- Ruby Citrus Sparkler (Non-Alcoholic)
Garlic Kissed Marketplace
- Black Garlic Soy-braised Pork Belly Banh Mi
- Carbonara Garlic Mac & Cheese with Nueske’s® Bacon
- Aperol Cocktail (Alcoholic)
- Wither Hills, Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough
Paradise Garden Grill
- Impossible™ Meatball Submarine (Plant-Based)
- Beer-battered Fish Tacos, with Karl Strauss® Follow the Sun Pilsner-infused Batter
- Buffalo-style Roasted Turkey Leg with Celery Slaw and Blue Cheese (Gluten-Friendly)
- Brisket Sliders
- Brisket Fries
- Black Forest Parfait
- Watermelon Vodka Lemonade (Alcoholic, Gluten-Friendly)
- Matanzas Creek, Sauvignon Blanc, Sonoma County
- Deschutes Pacific Wonderland Lager
- Sudwerk Märzen Amber Lager
- Berry Spectacular Cookie Shake (Non-Alcoholic)
Paradise Beer Garden
- Smog City Little Bo Pils Unfiltered Pilsner
- Ayinger Bräuweisse Hefeweizen
- Chihuahua Guava Lime Suprema Low-Cal Lager
- 2 Towns Outcider Hard Cider
- Karl Strauss® Practice What You Peach Sour
- Bottle Logic Marceline Muffin Blueberry Imperial Blonde
- Enegren Valkyrie Alt Bier
- Figueroa Mountain Point Conception IPA
- Lost Winds Whirlpool Galaxy Double IPA
- Allagash Black Stout
- Twisted Horn Raven’s Claw Apple & Boysenberry Mead
- Founders Backwoods Bourbon Barrel-aged Scotch Ale
Outdoor Vending Carts
- Savory Empanada with Chipotle Crema Sauce
- Sweet Empanada with Caramel Sauce
Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta
- Chocolate-Hazelnut Cheesecake
- Leading Role Lemonade – Gin with Lavender Lemonade (Alcoholic)
- Opening Night Cocktail – Banana Whiskey with Cream Soda (Alcoholic)
- Movie Star Mule – Whiskey with Black Cherry and Ginger Ale (Alcoholic)
- On Location Libation – Stone Peak Conditions IPA with POG juice (Alcoholic)
- Backlot Michelada – Tomato-based Michelada with Modelo (Alcoholic)
- Modelo Especial Lager
- Hangar 24 Passion Punch Gose
- Stone Peak Conditions Hazy Double IPA
- Honest Abe Limoncello Hard Cider
- Bottle Logic Emerald City Raspberry Piña Colada Hard Seltzer
- Supporting Role Lemonade – Lavender Lemonade (Non-Alcoholic)
Hollywood Churro Cart
- Churro topped with Peanut Butter Cream, Chocolate Icing and Chopped Peanuts
- Almond Mocha Shake
- Almond Mocha Affogato
- California Cheesesteak
- Italian Meatball Sandwich
- Bavarian Pretzel with Cheese Sauce
- Triple Chocolate Brownie
- Sandy Beach – Green Apple Vodka with flavors of Sea Salt Caramel (Alcoholic)
- Catalina Island – Vodka and Passion Fruit with flavors of Raspberry Lemonade and Lime (Alcoholic)
- Sparkling Greyhound – Vodka with flavors of Grapefruit, Chamomile and Cardamom (Alcoholic)
- Pineapple Passion – White Rum with flavors of Pineapple and Passion Fruit (Alcoholic)
- Firestone Walker Rosalie Beer Rosé
- Francis Ford Coppola Winery, Sofia, Brut Rosé, Monterey County
- Chandon Brut, Sparkling Wine, California
- Selection of Craft Beers and Ciders
Pacific Wharf Coffee Cart
- Tropicalifornia Tea Cocktail with Berry Vodka, Green Tea, Pineapple and Orange Juices (Alcoholic)
- Fruitful Green Tea with Berry, Pineapple and Orange Juices (Non-Alcoholic)
Pacific Wharf Distribution Company
- Karl Strauss® Crazy Eyes Doppelbock
Downtown Disney District Offerings
Ballast Point Brewing Co.
- Impossible™ Lettuce Cups With Impossible™ Protein, Peppers, Hoisin, Sriracha, Garlic, Lime, Fresno Chilies and Hydroponic Lettuce
- The Ballast Point Burger: 8 Oz Kobe & Chuck Blend Patty, Sharp Cheddar, Lettuce, Tomato, Red Onion, House-made Pickles, and Ballast Point Remoulade on a Brioche Bun served with Fries
- Cioppino: PEI Mussels, Fish of the Day, Argentinean Shrimp, Spanish Chorizo, Stewed Tomatoes, Chili Flakes, Oregano, Crème Fraiche, Chili Thread, House-Made Pasta and Grilled Baguette
- All Three Paired with Designated Beer Flight
- Smoked Salmon Crostini: Whipped Ricotta, Smoked Salmon and Basil Pesto
- Burrata: Burrata, Prosciutto, and Balsamic Gastrique
- Hand-shucked Oysters with Champagne and Black Pepper Mignonette
Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen
- Creole Cobbler with Beefeater Gin, Santhenay Crème de Peche, Fresh Lemon Juice, and Orange Bitter
Splitsville Luxury Lanes
- Surf & Turf Slider Duo: Salmon Slider featuring House-made Salmon Patty, Sriracha Aïoli, Red Onion, Butter Lettuce and Heirloom Tomato, and Filet Mignon Slider featuring Beef Tenderloin, Béarnaise Sauce, Arugula and Oven-Roasted Tomato
Salt & Straw
- Apple Pie with Beecher’s Flagship Cheesecake: Warm-spiced Apple Pie Ice Cream with Beecher’s Flagship Cheddary Cheesecake”
There are so many delicious things to choose from, I do not know how one would fit it all in. This makes me very jealous of the locals! If you are fortunate enough to visit, c’mon back and tell us what your favorites are!
If you are looking to plan a trip to Disneyland, now is the perfect time! Pair this festival with a few great discounts they are offering and you will be set! Contact me today for a no-obligation quote. My planning services are complimentary and I am happy to assist as much or as little as you would like. Qualifying reservations will receive our Minnie Box – a great little surprise delivered to your family prior to your trip. See ya Real Soon!
The last Tuesday of January is National Plan for a Vacation Day. It comes at a perfect time – the holidays are over, the weather is miserable, and there are no school breaks to look forward to for a while.
Having a vacation planned gives families something to look forward to together. When we have a Disney trip planned, we do family movie nights each weekend. One night, we make diner together and watch a different Disney Movie. If I am feeling really crafty, I will plan the dinner around the movie – Spaghetti & meatballs with Lady & The Tramp, Hawaiian Chicken with Moana, Pizza with Toy Story, Beef & Broccoli with Mulan…etc. Even as my littles are not so little anymore, this is something we all look forward to through the week and gets us talking about or exciting trip ahead.
Planning ahead also has a lot of benefits – you can spread out payments over several months and have longer to save for all the fun treats & souvenirs. You can take advantage of promotions as they come along as long as there is availability. You also have a better chance of getting the resort/ship & room category you prefer before they sell out. Let’s not forget the 180-day advanced dining reservations that are so coveted. Planning ahead gives you all of these advantages and more!
Which Disney Destination will you visit in 2020? Maybe it is time to try something new?! If you cruise often but haven’t checked out a Disney Cruise, it is time you see why they win all the awards that they do year after year. If you visit Disney World each year, step out of the box! Visit the west coast and see Disneyland or try a Disney Cruise. Looking to travel abroad to where your ancestors are from? Adventures by Disney has amazing options all around the globe that will have you experiencing other countries like you never thought you could.
Contact me today so we can “Plan For A Vacation”! My planning services are free of charge and I can assist you with stress-free preparations for a Magical Trip. Let’s get you something to be excited about in 2020!
Great news for Disney World Travelers and Star Wars fans! They have now added Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run to the list of Fastpass+ Options!
Starting February 19th, guests can choose between Smuggler’s Run or Slinky Dog Dash as their Tier 1 Fastpass. (Pending availabiity). This also means that several attractions will be moving over to the Tier 2 Fastpass options: Toy Story Mania, Alien Swirling Saucers, Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Fantasmic! and more.
Rise of the Resistance will still utilize the virtual queue for now.
As a reminder, you get one fastpass from Tier 1 and then two more Fastpasses from Tier 2. More on that HERE.
If this all seems overwhelming and you would like some assistance, I am happy to assist you with your Walt Disney World or any Disney Destination Vacation. My services are complimentary to my guests and you can sit back and enjoy the planning without any of the stress. Contact me today for a no-obligation quote! Qualifying reservations also receive our Minnie Box! A special gift tailored to your travel party sent to you before you arrival. See Ya Real Soon!
The International Festival of the Arts is now in full swing at Epcot. There are several events & exhibits that returned from 2019 and there are also many new things to look forward to!
New this year are Life-sizes frames of VanGogh’s Café Terrace at Night and Sunflowers paintings that you can step right into for an amazing photo opportunity.
There are 12 Food Studios that present artful bites & sips that may be too beautiful to consume. Some favorites that are set to return include The Artist’s Table Studio for the Sipping Chocolate Flight of white, milk and dark chocolate as well as the BLT from The Deconstructed Dish Studio. There are lots of new items that have been added to these menu’s this year so stay tuned for some favorites!
If music is one of your favorite forms of art, definitely check out the amazing talent nightly at the American Gardens Theater. The Disney on Broadway concert series is comprised of wonderful arts that have been featured in Disney films:
- Jan. 17, 20, 21 and 24 – Kissy Simmons and Alton Fitzgerald White (“The Lion King”)
- Jan. 18, 19, 22 and 23 – Heidi Blickenstaff (“The Little Mermaid”) and Gavin Lee (“Mary Poppins”)
- Jan. 25 – Special performance featuring Simmons, White, Blickenstaff and Lee
- Jan. 26, 28, 29; Feb. 1, 2, 5 and 6 – Kara Lindsay (“Newsies”) and Kevin Massey (“Tarzan”)
- Jan. 27, 30, 31, Feb. 3, 4, 7 and 8 – Liana Hunt (“Newsies”) and Adam Jacobs (“Aladdin”)
- Feb. 9 – Special performance featuring Lindsay, Massey, Hunt and Jacobs
- Feb. 10, 12, 13, 18, 19, 22 and 23 – Ashley Brown (“Mary Poppins”) and Josh Strickland (“Tarzan”)
- Feb. 11, 14, 15, 16, 17, 20 and 21 – Syndee Winters (“The Lion King”) and Michael James Scott (“Aladdin”)
- Feb. 24 – Special performance featuring Brown, Strickland, Winters and Scott
To secure seats to these performances in advance, you can reserve a Disney on Broadway Dining Package. This will guarantee you a seat on the day you dine in one of several Epcot restaurants and there is no additional cost for it.
Guests that are visiting the festival with little artists will want to check out the Green Landing Family Play Zone. This is a great area for littles to expend some energy while you sit back and enjoy the beautiful surroundings of the Festival.
Another neat artistic addition to World Showcase for the Festival that the whole family can enjoy are images of Disney Characters that are hidden throughout the countries. Can you find Remy & Emile in France? What about Mushu in China? What other favorite Characters can you spot?
I will be visiting this festival in early February and cannot wait to come back with my experiences and photos. If you have any questions or would like to visit the International Festival of the Arts, contact me today! My planning services are free for my guests and it will save you time, stress, and possibly even money. See ya Real Soon!