There may not be anything like seeing Walt Disney World through the eyes of a child. However, it can be an equally awesome place for adults. There are so many things that are easier when traveling without children and the biggest that comes to mind is getting through the Parks. No carriage to park & find, no littles stopping at every turn – it is amazing how much more I accomplished in the Parks when I did not have my littles with me. Oh MAN did I miss them, but the difference in the experience is totally worth it every once and a while.
#Adulting in Disney Parks
Just a few of the great things you can do while #Adulting in Disney Parks:
- Rides that have height requirements – The thrill rides are a breeze when all in your party reach the minimum height.
- After Hours – Disney’s After Hours is a great experience that I think all adults should try. There are so few guests in the park because it gets LATE. You can ride and re-ride your favorites with limited wait times, see your favorite characters with almost no wait times and get some awesome photos because the parks are very empty. Due to the hours of this even is not something my littles are old enough for – hello Disney meltdowns! (With littles I would do the Early Magic Hours.
- “Adult” Dining Experiences – There are many restaurants in Disney Parks that are nicer & possibly more romantic when it is adults only. In addition, most kids won’t enjoy their menu or the atmosphere like adults will. Le Cellier & Tiffins are good examples.
- H2O Glow Nites – The fantastic party at Typhoon Lagoon has an all adults area. “The Wharf” is a little spot just for us grown-ups! A must-do when this party is running in the summer.
- Epcot Festivals – Sipping & Snacking around the world during one of Epcot’s many festivals is such a fun couples, group, or girls weekend event.
- La Cava – A fantastic tequila bar inside the Mexico Pavilion in Epcot. It is on the darker side and really not very kid friendly. – Try the Avocado Margarita!
- Disney Tours – There are a number of fun and different tours that have height and age requirements. The famous “Key’s to the Kingdom Tour” and “Epcot Seas Adventure Divequest” are among some of my favorites and will not permite children.
- World Showcase Wine Walk – a great way to taste the wines of the different countries in Epcot. You get a great souvenir cup as well. Hint: If you don’t mine sharing, you can just purchase one glass and sample wines together.
- Nomad Lounge – Tucked beside Tiffins, this is a great little lounge with a great view and they offer beverages from around the world and small plates.
- Baseline Taphouse – New to Hollywood Studios, a corner pub serving up California based beverages.
- The many shops in all the parks – It is much easier to walk around stores and enjoy yourself when you have no one in tow!
Disney World Parks are a great destination, even without kids! Get your friends or significant other together and let’s get a trip put together for you! We can add any/all of these to your itinerary!!
Next up: Epcot gets its own #Adulting page because it is very much my favorite park to adult at. Stay tuned!