On the Second Day of Christmas, Minnie Gave to Me::
Traveling for the Holidays
While there is not a whole lot of availability left for 2019, there are still a handful of Very Merrytime Sailings left that you can take advantage of. Take a break from the chilly weather and see what the Holidays are like on the High Seas!
There are Tree Lighting Ceremonies, your favorite Disney Characters dressed in their Holiday Best, as well as a few special surprises provided by our favorite Frozen Sisters. Many Holiday activities await you including decorating gingerbread houses and you may even catch Santa himself! He needs a break too, right? Don’t forget Holiday themed shows, entertainment and merchandise. Many guests say it is their favorite sailing of the year! Will it be yours?
Some Tips for your Very Merrytime Sailing:
- Get in the spirit! Bring Ugly Sweaters, Festive Mickey Ears, Santa Hats – whatever Holiday Garb you would like!
- Decorate! Bring some Holiday Cheer to your stateroom. Box Stores sell mini LED lit Christmas Trees that we bought to bring last year that are lit with just a USB Plug. Bring Holiday Decor for your Stateroom Door too!
- Get the Character photos! It is only on these special sailings that you will find your favorite Disney Pals in Holiday Wear at Sea.
- Enjoy the Holiday Treats. There are several yummy Holiday treats onboard. Make sure to get to the Hot Cocoa Bar after Mrs. Claus’s Story time.
- Go to the Holiday Events! They are so special and unique to these sailings. They are well worth your time and you will be so happy you did!
Taking a Disney Cruise during these wonderful celebrations is a great way to enhance your holidays! I recommend one of the first sailings offered. It is a GREAT way to really get in the Holiday Spirit and kick off the season.
Giving a Disney Destination as a Gift for the Holidays
Get your Holiday shopping done early and reserve a trip for a Disney Destination. Whether it is a Disney Theme Park, Disney Cruise, Aulani, or an Adventure by Disney, your family is sure to be super excited about it and that excitement will continue until you travel.
One year with the littles were…littler, I got super creative. I cut out Cinderella’s Castle out of cardboard. The castle was about 4 ft. tall and the front doors were tall enough for them to go through. I drew details and colored it in. Behind the doors, I put two wrapped boxes full of things that they would use in Disney. When they came down Christmas Morning, they were able to open the doors and go “into” the castle and discovered all their wonderful goodies and that they were going to Disney World in a few short weeks. Their boxes included:
- Our countdown
- A Luggage Tag
- Mickey Stickers (the kind you get in the parks)
- Disney Sun Glasses
- Disney Waterbottles
- Disney Coloring book & Crayons
- Glow Wands & swords (Dollar Tree)
- A New Disney Shirt
- A Disney Frame
- An autograph book & Pen (For the 3 year old)
- Disney Gift Card
- Disposable Camera
The little guy didn’t really get it but my LilBug was totally excited and was so ready to go. It was great to watch her face light up as she went through the box and they kept the castle for a few months to play in.
Mickey Cookies! Once again, using the sandwich shaper, we used sugar cookie dough and cut out several Mickey Heads. Once baked, you can use several different combinations of icings and sprinkles to decorate. We make these each year and leave some for Santa and share the rest with our family on Christmas Day. Enjoy!
If you would like assistance reserving a trip to a Disney Destination for the 2019 Holidays or if you would like to beat ALL the Holiday crowds and book a Disney Destination to gift to your loved ones this year, contact me today! I would be delighted to help you find a great way to wrap up your gift to surprise your family! If you are looking for some things to add to a surprise gift box, like the stickers I mentioned, let me know and I am happy to send you some!
Better yet, you can include the Minnie Box in their gift box. This is our Thank You gift to you for letting us assist in Planning Your Dreams. It will be full of Magic and Excitement and is a great way to get your family excited about any Disney Destination. I look forward to hearing from you and helping you plan your Holiday Magic soon!