On the Third Day of Christmas in July, Pluto Gave to Me::
Traveling for the Holidays
Today we look at one of my favorite parks to travel to during the Holidays – Epcot. Epcot has so many wonderful things going on during November & December. The whole park is decorated and the World Showcase is definitely a merry place to be.
At each different country, you will be able to learn about how that country celebrates Christmas. All 11 nations will share their holiday music, decor, and traditions. It is a great way to learn about Holidays in different cultures. With the addition of The Festival of the Holidays, you can also taste some classic favorites that they enjoy during the season. There are “Holiday Kitchens” placed throughout World Showcase for additional bites & sips from around the world. See if you can learn what Santa is called in all the different Countries displayed!
The Candlelight Processional is a favorite of many guests, so much so that it can now be part of a dinner package. Here, each night, a different celebrity will narrate The Christmas Story backed by a 50 piece orchestra and a choir. This is performed 3 times each night from 11/29-12/30 for the 2019 season.
What would the World Showcase be without a little fun for the kids? In between trying yummy new foods and learning how different cultures celebrate Christmas, littles can hunt for Chip & Dale! This great little scavenger hunt is a fun activity for the whole family. You can purchase your map at select gift shops. Once you find all the locations, you return your map to the gift shop and they will give you a keepsake. The maps are inexpensive and the keepsakes are pretty cute. One year we got all different DIY Disney ornaments.
A Few Festival Tips:
- This is included with your admission, so plan to take advantage of it
- Many of the items on the Holiday Kitchen Menus are “snack credits” and it is most often a great use of them
- This Festival is more quiet & less busy during the week than a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday
- The first two Candlelight Processionals of each day are much more crowded than the third – either way, it can definitely be enjoyed from the courtyard in the American Pavilion
Visiting Epcot during the Holiday Season is a fantastic way for you and your loved ones to get into the Holiday Spirit!
Giving a Disney Destination as a Gift for the Holidays
Be the envy of all around you when you say you have a HUGE jump start on your holiday shopping. Purchase a Disney Destination Trip for your family and put it under the tree!
I have been focusing on different ways to do this and a dear friend provided me with one of the ways she surprised their children. She had purchased a Disney World Vacation Package for them as a Christmas Gift. When they woke up Christmas Day, they unwrapped present after present until they got to the bigger boxes closest to the tree. When they unwrapped those, they discovered suitcases that were already packed with their clothes & necessities and ready to go! They looked on top of the luggage and saw the signature yellow luggage tags we send to guests to have their luggage transported to their resort. They were leaving that day and all they had to do was change their clothes and get to the airport. What a treat!
Canada in Epcot has some outrageous Pecan Maple Bark during the Holiday Festival. Want to try it at home?
2 cups butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup maple sugar
1/3 cup water
2 teaspoons maple extract
12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans
2 teaspoons sea salt
1. Line cookie sheets with wax paper.
2. Combine butter, sugars, water, and maple extract in a saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat and stir continuously until mixture is around 270 Degrees
3. Pour mixture onto sheet and spread quickly. Let cool until it hardens
4. Place ice in bottom of large bowl and cover ice with a kitchen towel. Set aside.
5. Melt 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
6. Add 1/4 cup chocolate chips to melted chocolate and stir to melt
7. Spread melted chocolate onto cooled brittle. Sprinkle pecans and seasalt on top and let cool
8. Once completely cool, crack into whatever storage container you will use and Enjoy!
If you would like assistance reserving a trip to a Disney Destination for the 2019 Holidays or if you would like to beat ALL the Holiday crowds and book a Disney Destination to gift to your loved ones this year, contact me today! I would be delighted to help you find a great way to wrap up your gift to surprise your family! I look forward to hearing from you and helping you plan your Holiday Magic soon! If you would like assistance reserving a trip to a Disney Destination for the 2019 Holidays or if you would like to beat ALL the Holiday crowds and book a Disney Destination to gift to your loved ones this year, contact me today! I would be delighted to help you find a great way to wrap up your gift to surprise your family!