Epcot International Festival of the Arts is set to return for 2020. It will kick off on January 17 and run through February 24. This festival is a celebration of Art and how different cultures celebrate it through many different expressions including visual, culinary, and performing arts.
During this event, guests can experience art through the Broadway Concert Series, different culinary kiosks where food seems to jump right off the painters palate, view many different Disney artist’s work, as well as let their inner artist show. It is a fun event and entrance is included with your admission.
Disney on Broadway
The Disney on Broadway Concert series starts off with the beautiful music from “The Lion King”. The talent for this year is bountiful. Here is the schedule:
- Jan. 17, 20, 21, 24 and 25 – Kissy Simmons and Alton Fitzgerald White (“The Lion King”)
- Jan. 18, 19, 22, 23 and 25 – Heidi Blickenstaff (“The Little Mermaid”; “Freaky Friday”) and Gavin Lee (“Mary Poppins”) Jan. 25 – Special performance featuring Simmons, White, Blickenstaff and Lee
- Jan. 26, 28, 29; Feb. 1, 2, 5, 6 and 9 – Kara Lindsay (“Newsies”) and Kevin Massey (“Tarzan”)
- Feb. 10, 12, 13, 18, 19, 22, 23 and 24 – Ashley Brown (“Mary Poppins”; “Beauty and the Beast”) and Josh Strickland (Tarzan)
- Additional dates & artists still to be announced so stay tuned!
New for 2020
- A new Brunch will be offered at Le Cellier in the Canada Pavilion. Reservations are required.
- Purchase beautiful art throughout World Showcase
- Visit and observe artists that are creating right in front of you
- The “Green Landing” Family play zone where guests of all ages can explore an area dedicated to Wall-E & Eve
- Several different photo opportunities where guests can “jump right in” to some of their favorite stories
- Add color to a beautiful wall mural located along World Showcase Plaza
- Take part in a fun scavenger hunt featuring my favorite; Figment! Travel through World Showcase and find Figment. Hint: He has painted himself into some very famous paintings
- Create your own artwork!
If you are interested in visiting Disney World and any of Epcot’s wonderful festivals, contact me today! I would be happy to assist in planning your amazing vacation and my services are always free. See ya real soon!