The International Festival of the Arts is now in full swing at Epcot. There are several events & exhibits that returned from 2019 and there are also many new things to look forward to!
New this year are Life-sizes frames of VanGogh’s Café Terrace at Night and Sunflowers paintings that you can step right into for an amazing photo opportunity.
There are 12 Food Studios that present artful bites & sips that may be too beautiful to consume. Some favorites that are set to return include The Artist’s Table Studio for the Sipping Chocolate Flight of white, milk and dark chocolate as well as the BLT from The Deconstructed Dish Studio. There are lots of new items that have been added to these menu’s this year so stay tuned for some favorites!
If music is one of your favorite forms of art, definitely check out the amazing talent nightly at the American Gardens Theater. The Disney on Broadway concert series is comprised of wonderful arts that have been featured in Disney films:
- Jan. 17, 20, 21 and 24 – Kissy Simmons and Alton Fitzgerald White (“The Lion King”)
- Jan. 18, 19, 22 and 23 – Heidi Blickenstaff (“The Little Mermaid”) and Gavin Lee (“Mary Poppins”)
- Jan. 25 – Special performance featuring Simmons, White, Blickenstaff and Lee
- Jan. 26, 28, 29; Feb. 1, 2, 5 and 6 – Kara Lindsay (“Newsies”) and Kevin Massey (“Tarzan”)
- Jan. 27, 30, 31, Feb. 3, 4, 7 and 8 – Liana Hunt (“Newsies”) and Adam Jacobs (“Aladdin”)
- Feb. 9 – Special performance featuring Lindsay, Massey, Hunt and Jacobs
- Feb. 10, 12, 13, 18, 19, 22 and 23 – Ashley Brown (“Mary Poppins”) and Josh Strickland (“Tarzan”)
- Feb. 11, 14, 15, 16, 17, 20 and 21 – Syndee Winters (“The Lion King”) and Michael James Scott (“Aladdin”)
- Feb. 24 – Special performance featuring Brown, Strickland, Winters and Scott
To secure seats to these performances in advance, you can reserve a Disney on Broadway Dining Package. This will guarantee you a seat on the day you dine in one of several Epcot restaurants and there is no additional cost for it.
Guests that are visiting the festival with little artists will want to check out the Green Landing Family Play Zone. This is a great area for littles to expend some energy while you sit back and enjoy the beautiful surroundings of the Festival.
Another neat artistic addition to World Showcase for the Festival that the whole family can enjoy are images of Disney Characters that are hidden throughout the countries. Can you find Remy & Emile in France? What about Mushu in China? What other favorite Characters can you spot?
I will be visiting this festival in early February and cannot wait to come back with my experiences and photos. If you have any questions or would like to visit the International Festival of the Arts, contact me today! My planning services are free for my guests and it will save you time, stress, and possibly even money. See ya Real Soon!