The Disneyland Edition
In just a few days, one of the most anticipated expansions in Disneyland history will open – Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. With all of the excitement and popularity that surrounds Star Wars, this will be a very busy land for many years to come. Disney anticipates this excitement and has prepared for it accordingly with all new ways to queue guests and to make any waits as easy and seamless as possible. Here are a few tips provided by Disney. This will help you prepare and be in the know as you visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in Disneyland:
- Between May 31 and June 23, reservations are required to enter Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. Guests attempting to enter the land between these two dates will require valid park admission as well as their reservation to enter. These reservations are no longer available at this time.
- Any guest staying at a Disneyland hotel between May 31 and June 23rd will automatically be given a reservation to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. If you want to visit in this first month and did not get one of the coveted reservations, book a stay in one of the hotels! Once you reserve a room, you will be notified of your Star Wars time to visit along with room confirmation.
- There will be no standby lines between May 31 & June 23. If you do not have a reservation, you will not be able to enter the land.
- After June 23, no reservations will be required. Instead a virtual queue will be implemented. With this, you will be given a return time and then can enjoy the rest of the land while you wait for your return time. This will be done utilizing the Disneyland App. Once you have entered the park, you can enter the virtual queue. You will receive a “Boarding Group” and the status of your boarding will be updated on the app as well as throughout the park.
- The Disneyland Costume Policy will be in effect – guests 13 and under may dress in appropriate costumes of their favorite characters.
- Download the Disneyland App! You should have this anyway while visiting but with the opening of this land, it is even more helpful
- Download the Play Disney Parks app. There is lots of fun ways to interact with the land while in Batuu. There are interactive activities such as scanning cargo crates and & items to collect things as well as interact with droids and more!
- Disney’s Ultimate Goal is to provide a wonderful guest experience. While in line, you will be able to purchase snacks, enjoy the Play Disney Parks App, utilize a new system to return to the line if you have to use the restroom, interact with cast, and more.
- There are MANY other wonderful things coming to Disneyland this Summer. It is the perfect time to visit! You can visit Sleeping Beauty’s newly imagined Castle, ride on Jesse’s Critter Carousel, visit Pop-Up Disney! A Mickey Celebration, see the new “Mickey’s Philharmagic”, taste some amazing new treats at Black Tap, and see the return of World of Color. There has never been a better time to visit the Most Magical Place on Earth!
To visit Disneyland during the initial opening phase of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, contact me today so we can get you a hotel reservation along with your Galaxy’s Edge Reservation.
To visit after the initial phase this Summer, contact me and we can find the best time and fit for you!